Thursday, November 13, 2008

Too Many Thoughts in My Head

I haven't been blogging for very long but there is something weird that has happened to me since I started. I feel as though I am living in some sort of reality show, just not on television. It seems that as each day awakens and blossoms, somewhere in the back of mind, behind all the multi-tasking, chores, work, etc. , I am constantly "writing" about the events as they unfold.

Some are really funny little tidbit type things that I can't wait to share:
* Miss Independent Rylee yells out to me after giving herself a bath that she is done. When I asked her if she washed her whole body she proudly answers, "I washed my front bum and my back bum". Love it. I know many parents would correct their 3 year old and tell her it is called a v. a. g. i. n. a. but I am not one of them. In fact, I may start calling mine a front bum too. I can just hear it now....Excuse me pharmicist, could I get some frontbumical cream please???? And can you imagine the dirty talk?! Yeah, I won't go there but feel free to let your imaginations soar.

Some are really sad and emotional things that I just want to express:
* A friend of Cody's parents are splitting up (for just a short time I hope) and I feel so sad for all of them. I know that no marriage is perfect and that we all have our issues, but to know that such an awesome family is currently going through that breaks my heart.
* A local fireman that recently retired after 30 years died unexpectedly last weekend. He was only 58 years old, was so outgoing and personable, had a huge group of friends, loved and appreciated his wife, and his daughter just recently got married. I can't stop thinking about how awful this is for his wife. I can't even imagine losing your "everything" so early in life.

Some are the joys of parenting:
* Speaking louder than Molly (who is trying to speak louder than me so she can continue to ask the same question that I already answered with a resounding NO) to say that if she asks ONE MORE TIME then she will NOT be going to the pep rally tomorrow OR to the game on Saturday.
* Molly telling me she is sorry after she finally shut.her.mouth (what a peaceful 3.2 seconds)
* Rylee telling me that Molly said she was sorry after I didn't respond to Molly's apology.

And some are accomplishments: I went spinning today : )
And failures: I ate pecan pie after lunch : (

But mostly, they are things in my life that I have a deeper appreciation for, because I want to share them. I really enjoy putting bits and pieces of my life out into the open where some of it may or may not connect with someone else. It's pretty cool.

PS: I apologize to the 4 or so people that read these entries and then have to listen to me tell the same things to you in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I know exactly what you mean about the writing-it-while-you-live-it thing. I often hear my own voice putting the days events into words as I go - like a weird kind of voice-over! And then it feels so strange too write about something that happened to you, and hours later tell people about the event, knowing that they will most likely read about it shortly, if they haven't already. Ah! The joys of blogging!