Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Bring It On"

It's a movie. A cheer leading movie. It's cute enough and has some pretty catchy cheers, one of which I can't seem to get out of my head - "Burn baby burn". What it is not, is a movie suitable for a 3 year old. Especially my 3 year old who remembers everything. And I think I will forever remember this movie as the movie that changed her life. A movie that she should have never watched. Here are just a few reasons why:

* "Mom, what does kick your ass mean"

* "Mom, why her boobs go up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down?" she innocently wonders as she moves her head up and down, up and down, up and down.

* Her constant YELLING and then clapping her hands together saying "READY!? OK! R.Y.L.E.E.D.B.L.T" over and over and over, and did I mention over?, again. At all times of the day and evening. Ugghhhhh

* Her reciting the cheers, wherever we are, "I don't like you! Because we are cheerleaders......something...something.... and they are whores."

Yeah we had to have a few discussions about bad words. But the biggest reason I will forever remember this movie as not the movie for her to have watched, is...well.... now she wants to be a cheerleader. And I know her and I know that this will be in her head for a long, long, long time. Not, of course, that there is anything wrong with cheerleading. It's just that, well, I kind of saw Ry as a soccer, lacrosse, softball, gymnastics, and hockey kind of girl. Not a dance and cheer girl.

But she is good. She's really good, actually. And she makes up her own cheers combining what she watched with songs that she knows with movements that I haven't got a clue where she picked up. And she does it with so much enthusiasm and so much emotion and she ends every cheer with the funniest expression. It's this really cutesy, smirky, quirky, kind of extended wink.

Well, at least I'll get to go to all the football games. In fact, this weekend is the big rivalry game between Drury and Hoosac. I think I'll take her to it on Saturday. She can sit and watch the cheerleaders and I can watch the big game....Go Drury!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So who won the DHS/Hoosac game?

That is so funny. I will make a note not to let my girls watch that for a few more years. Like yours, my 3-YO has mind like a steel trap.

Shelley said...

The game is actually this weekend. It's funny reading about your girls. Peanut reminds me of Molly and Loaf definitely reminds me of Ry.