Monday, November 10, 2008

Knockin on 40's Door

Something is happening to me and I am not sure if I like it. Just last week I did the following:

I went grocery shopping for more than my normal "just enough to get by" list

I made macaroni and cheese -- homemade ...Not Kraft Mac n Cheese

I almost stayed home with Rylee while the kids went to hockey practice on Tuesday

I made an awesome lasagna dinner, complete with salad & fresh garlic bread

I had friends over to enjoy the dinner (and to put together the trundle bed that has been sitting in my kitchen for way too long). Thanks Rob!

I still had beer in the refrigerator the next morning. Like 4 out of 6?!

I made lasagna again the next day because I still had the ingredients and because there were no leftovers and the kids asked me to!

There was only 1 night that I collapsed into bed with a sink full of dirty dishes

I at first declined an offer to go out dancing on Saturday night.

When I was talked into going, not that it was too much of a challenge, I actually curled my hair. Then used Molly's foundation and mascara and OMG, lip gloss!!!! Disclaimer: I was too uncomfortable so by the time I got to there, the lip gloss was a distant memory.

I didn't dance, we were home long before 2:00 a.m., and I had still had money in my pocket.

I stayed home on Sunday. Like really really stayed home. I never even opened a door to the truck. I didn't even go to the store. AND, I was okay with it.

I think....I think....well I think :gasp: I am growing up. It's taken 39 years and 8 months but what the heck. I had to do it sometime I guess. Although, I am still not sure if I like it.


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Ha! Yes, unfortunately, it happens.

I had a similar moment last weekend. I was out with friends in NYC, only had 2 drinks and was home by 12:30. Why? Didn't want to deal with the consequences because my old body can't handle them anymore.

SUCKS!