Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dessert for Breakfast: Awesome

I work in the office of dining services and anyone that knows a chef or baker knows that they are only truly happy when they are feeding people. Especially people like myself who LOVE food wayyyyy too much.

I came to work today with the best of intentions. I knew I had an apple on my desk and was planning on eating it for breakfast. I was actually looking forward to hearing the crunching and tasting the sweetness. I even thought about it while driving it this morning. But then....the baker brought over a freshly baked lemon zinger cake! YUM. The apple might as well have been raw liver. There was no way I had the power to eat an apple and be satisfied while that beautiful lemon caked called my name over and over again (not really, I had my bowl and fork waiting before he even set the box down). So I had a healthy (read hearty here) slice of the cake and hopefully the apple will be breakfast tomorrow. Best. of. intentions.

Once I finished every crumb of my slice, I came to the realization that if I am to continue working in this department, I will need to hit the streets and/or gym at 4:30 a.m. so I can get in a full 90 minutes of cardio a day.

Yeah right! Pass me another slice of cake please.

No comments: