Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Fun, Football, & Of Course Hockey

That pretty much sums up the weekend. We went to a Friday night high school football game. My friend Michelle has a son on each team so it was fun to root for both kids. I just love watching football, especially under the lights. Rylee had a great time watching the cheerleaders and Molly and her friend had fun checking out all the boys.

Hockey officially started on Saturday. We had two games and then watched our league's PeeWee team play. Cody got defensive player of the game. Molly did well, better than she thought she did. I'll post that story another time but will say now that I am very very proud of her.

Saturday night I took my mother to a benefit dance held for a very good friend of mines father, who has lung cancer. It was good to see everyone and heartwarming to see the community pull together like it did. There were so many people and so many gifts donated for raffles. It was truly amazing. And at the same time very very sad.

Sunday I met my Sheryl for a very long run/walk on the rail trail. It took us 2.5 hours to do 11 miles. Next weekend I want to do in two hours. I was pretty sore but overall felt good. And best of all, I am looking forward to doing it again.

Sunday afternoon we went to Max's football game. He is really learning and getting into the game now. He had two solo tackles and recovered the football. After his game we went to visit my friend Maureen and her family. It was so gorgeous we sat outside and watched the kids play. Later, when it cooled down we went in to watch the Dallas game. It was so exciting and the kids really got into watching it because the score was so close and then went into overtime.

And then Monday we attempted to hike Greylock. Below are pictures of Rylee getting ready for the hike. Yes that is makeup on her face and yes she does have a skirt on. It took some convincing but I finally did get her to change into more suitable hiking attire. After our hike, we went apple picking.

When we were done picking apples, we stopped at Barb and Jeff's to drop off hockey flyers and ended up staying for over an hour. He coaches soccer, in addition to the kids' hockey team, and they were getting ready to leave for a game when he got a phone call that another player wouldn't be there. So he asked Cody and Molly if they wanted to play. So off to a soccer game we went. It was great to see Molly play soccer again. And best of all, she had a great time playing and the two of them are now on the team. They have about 5 more games left. Yeah! Soccer, hockey, dance and gymnastics. Ahhh, I feel like myself again. It's been a long summer!




No comments: