Monday, October 20, 2008

Englightenment on Parenting

Molly and Cody sometimes can get pretty irritated with Rylee. Rylee is definitely learning how to manipulate and tease and she likes to be the one in control (hmmmm wonder where she gets that -don't look at me!). Well Molly got a little dose of what it is like to be the mom this past weekend. And she can't stop thinking about it. Or stop laughing about it.

The first incident was at the house. Molly wanted Rylee to lay down and watch a movie with her. Rylee had her own agenda. But Molly, being Molly, kept asking her, almost pleading with her to lay down and watch the movie. And then the conversation went something like this:

Rylee: Molly look at me. Look at me right now.

Molly looked at her

Rylee: I said no. No means no. Do understand that?

Molly doesn't answer because she's trying so hard not to laugh.

Rylee: Answer me. Molly answer me right now. Do you know what No means?

Rylee: When I say no, I mean no. It does not mean to keep asking. No means no.

Molly finally answers okay and bursts into laughter. Rylee leaves the room, NOT watching the movie.

Rylee: 1 Molly: 0

The second thing was on Saturday night. Her and Rylee slept over my mother's house. Molly said she was almost asleep when she heard Rylee say "Molly, are you sleeping?". Molly thought about what to say and then decided the best thing would be to pretend she is in fact sleeping and not answer Rylee. So Rylee got close to Molly's face and loudly said "Molly, answer me. Are you sleeping?" To which Molly had no choice but to reply "No".

Rylee: 2 Molly: 0

When Molly told me about that, I had to tell her about what she used to do to me when she was young, and even not so young. Like one time when I was sick and sleeping on the couch while her and Cody played in the living room. She walked up to me and screamed "MOM" just to wake me up. Then I told her that if I was sleeping and Cody noticed. He would go get a blanket and cover me up.

And Molly's response: "Oh. Now that explains EVERYTHING."

Exactly.

No comments: