Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Old Friend

I had big plans for Saturday night. Our hockey league was having a local comedian perform as a fundraiser and I was looking forward to hanging out with many members of my "2nd family". It was something I had been looking forward to for over a month.

But by Saturday afternoon, I didn't feel much like going. I just felt kinda sluggish and gross. Not a good way to feel prior to a night out. So I visited an old friend. A friend I hadn't seen for more than once a week in over a month. A friend I really, really needed.

That friend was the gym! I needed a hard and sweaty workout. So I chose to run on the treadmill. I did pretty good too, considering. And I am happy to report that I had a great night. The comedian was so so funny and then we danced and laughed and laughed while we danced. It was awesome. And I am even happier to report that I have made the effort to regain my daily habit of starting the morning with a good workout.

No comments: