Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Goodnight Hour

Trying to get Rylee to sleep has become somewhat of a chore for me lately. Her negotiating, conniving, and procrastinating skills have really developed. What used to be a 10 minute bedtime ritual has quickly become a 60 minute bedtime ritual.

Random list of wants, needs, and demands in no particular order:

* Me asking her to brush her teeth
* Her telling me she doesn't want to do that now but tells me, with her finger pointing and hand on hip, that she will do it in the morning
* Me asking her to get her pajamas on
* Her telling me that it is too hot (yes even with the temp at 40 degrees) for pajamas
* Me asking her to lay down so I can put on her diaper
* Her telling me that she can do it ---- and she does ----- I really should video tape this one day
* Me asking her if she wants me to read her a book or if she wants to watch a movie
* Her telling me that she will read me a book and then we will watch a movie
* After the book OR the movie (yes I do occasionally win battles with a 3 year old), she throws fit which includes crying to the point of a coughing fit
* Her demanding water (I don't even try to win this battle)
* Her settling down
* Her asking (yes asking) me to sing her a song
* Me singing, if you want to call it that, her Hush Little Baby
* Her telling me to sing another song
* Me singing ABC's to her
* Her singing me Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
* Her starting to sing another song
* Me asking and then demanding that she stop

And then the routine circles back to her throwing a fit.

Ahhhhh, the joys.

1 comment:

tracy said...

God love you!! I couldn't do it again!!