Saturday, December 13, 2008

So So Sweet

The kids and I did not have to rush out the door for school, daycare, hockey, gymnastics, or a doctor's appointment this morning. There was no reason to hop out of bed and get the day started. I didn't even set the alarm clock last night.

As I started the lazy process of waking up on my own, I glanced at Rylee and saw that she was laying beside me, awake but relaxed. She must have sensed how rare and awesome this morning was going to be. I closed my eyes and let myself drift in and out of sleep a little while longer.

Soon I felt a fingertip lightly lift some hair off my forehead and tuck it behind my ear. Then I felt a couple of fingertips slowly and softly rub my cheek, up and down a few times. A second later I could feel her breath close to my face as she kissed my forehead.

A second later I hear a light whisper "I love you Mommy".

So so sweet. A morning I will treasure forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!