Friday, December 5, 2008

Hockey Dilemma

The girls' team that Molly plays on is playing a top ranked U14 team tomorrow morning. The team is undefeated and is ranked number one in New England. Both coaches have emailed to make certain she is playing for the girls team rather than the team she plays with full time, which is the boys' team (we are so creative aren't we?).

She is playing with the girls. That was our deal at the beginning of the season. The girls team would be priority. The only reason she is on a boys' team is because it is the only way for her to play full time hockey, locally.

My dilemma isn't which team she should play for though. My dilemma is which game to go watch. A few weeks ago, she had a home game with the girls' team and Cody had an away game (read 1 hour drive each way). Figuring a conflict of games wouldn't happen too often with the girls' team playing so few games, I chose to stay home and watch her game and I sent Cody off to his game with one of the coaches. Cody, jokingly (I think) said "sure watch her game and not mine" to which I replied "well next time I'll go to your game".

Well that "next" time has come. His game is in Springfield tomorrow at 11:45 and her game is local at 9:30. I want to go to his game and I want to go early because the PeeWee team from our league is playing right before us and I haven't been able to catch many of their games this year. But now I find out how competitive Molly's game is and I want to go see her. She plays her best game when she is under pressure. She doesn't feel that pressure when she plays with the boys.

Ugghhhhhhh......such dilemma.

Update: I went to both games, leaving Molly's a few minutes early and getting Cody to his game just in the nick of time. She did great and even though they lost 5-0, the game went really well.

No comments: