Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mind over Matter....

That is my new plan. I haven't posted in a while because I have not been feeling well and haven't had the extra energy for anything more than the priorities each day ---- getting the kids off to school & daycare, going to work, picking up the kids, bringing them to hockey & gymnastics and of course feeding them and keeping up with the dishes and the laundry. All while trying to ignore the cramp in my left side, the tightness in my chest, the acid reflux traveling up and down my esophagus and the sinus headaches I get every change of season. Which happens every other day where I live.

I have had three prescriptions, a CT scan, an ultrasound, and still...nothing conclusive. Just me being overly sensitive and a baby. But sometimes I want to be a baby!!! I want to not worry about anything or anyone and I want to crawl into bed and pull the blanket over my head and stay there until I feel better. Really better. But I can't. Not an option.

So when I woke up today, I decided that I was going to just ignore the pain and blah feelings and not look in the mirror where I see the toll life has taken. I am going to feel like myself today. I am going to be funny and witty and confident and I am going to enjoy every little bump in the road. Mind over Matter.

I went downstairs to change the laundry around and stepped in water because the sump pump isn't working again. So I fixed that. Then I went over to the dryer to take out the clothes but they were still went and the dryer didn't turn back on. So I fixed that. Then I went upstairs to get Ry in the shower and the water never got hot...just luke warm.

Screw Mind over Matter. I tried.

No comments: