Wednesday, April 8, 2009

She's A Ticket

For the most part, Rylee has been doing a great job of sleeping in her own bed at night. There have been a few times when she was way overtired and wanted to sleep with me that I let her and there have been a couple of nights where she woke up scared and Molly carried her into me (Molly's just awesome). Well, one morning last week, I awoke with Rylee in my bed again, for the 4th night in a row. Knowing full well that this will continue if I don't do something soon, I casually mentioned to her that from now on she needs to stay in her own bed at night. To which she replied "I was just saying that to myself".

*****************************

The last two weeks I was on vacation from work but I still sent Rylee, my 4 year old, to school, most days, so I could get some things done around the house and workout without feeling rushed (it was glorious). On Friday, the last day of my vacation, Molly, my 14 year old, was staying home because she was still in a great deal of pain from getting braces plus she was getting a sore throat and felt a little feverish. I tried not to let Ry know that Molly would be home all day but somehow she just knew, and she was not happy about it.

The two of us were sitting at the counter, eating breakfast, when she says to me "I can't go to school today because I'm sick". Knowing she's fine, I impatiently look at her and ask "Oh yeah, what's wrong with you?". Without missing a beat she replies "I think I'm going to start".

*****************************

Sometimes not laughing is the hardest part of parenting.

No comments: