Thursday, April 23, 2009

Try As I May; Try As I Might...

...I just can't stop thinking about the desserts in my sight.

In the spirit of my wish to become a healthy person this year, I try to keep at least one piece of fruit on my desk at all times. That way, if I am hungry when I get into work, or need a sweet snack in the afternoon, I always have a healthy option right at my fingertips.

This morning, after not eating breakfast, I came into work and had the option of an apple, an orange, or a banana. Within a half hour, before I had a chance to choose a healthy option, I had three rugelachs (nuts, raisins, cherries rolled into a pastry with cream cheese - YUM), a slice of banana bread with chocolate chips, a loaf of homemade grinder bread, and a dish full of harvati cheese sitting on the counter RIGHT in front of me. Like at EYE LEVEL.

So for breakfast, I ate one rugelach, half a slice of banana bread (it had me at chocolate), and some harvati cheese on a hunk of the grinder roll.

Sometimes it is absolute hell to work in dining services. This was Recipes from Home Day so the chefs were pleased to pass along samples of the selected recipes. No arguments here.

As for the apple, orange, and banana....well, there's always tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

99% of the crap I eat, I eat at work. Someone is ALWAYS bringing in something irrestible to share. UGH!