Friday, March 20, 2009

The Day After 40

Soooo, I turned 40 yesterday. And as much as I have been looking forward to the BIG DAY, it was pretty uneventful for me. Work, gymnastics for Rylee, 10 minute dinner at Subway, science fair for Cody (eventful for him...he did make it to the next round YEAH!!), hockey rink, laundry, bed, sleep.

I did look at myself in the mirror for a bit in the morning. Definitely noticed the bags rimmed with dark circles that seemed to have found a home under my eyes. Definitely noticed some deep lines around the eyes and now around my lips. WTF? DEFINITELY noticed the glimmer coming from the sides of my head when I pulled my hair up (so not just the patch of grey on top of my skull anymore). SO.GLAD.I.DID.THAT.

Let the fun begin....this old hag is ready for it!

No comments: