Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF: No Kids for the Weekend (almost!)

I know so many parents that say they could never handle a weekend without their offspring. I. Am. Not. One. Of. Them. I am so looking forward to having some free time this weekend. I may visit a friend. I may paint my bedroom. I may read a book (doubt it-but maybe a magazine). Or, I may do nothing. I may do nothing. I may do nothing...I like the sounds of that.

I am not entirely kid free but the little one is staying with her dad from 9:00 tonight til whenever I decide to pick her up on Sunday. This is a first so we'll see how it goes. All three of my kids take after me that they love to be away from home so I know she will be fine. Cody is heading to the ocean with a friend of his for the week and Molly will be around but only as much as a 14 year old hangs around Mom. I will be bringing her to street hockey Saturday morning but when I leave to go to a friend's surprise 40th at 3:00, she's heading to my mother's for the evening.

And I will be with friends, during daylight hours. Wow. Normally, when I want to do something with friends, minus the kids, the start time is after 9:00 pm. That is when I feel as though I can leave them with my mother or father or home. After they have been settled in. Not. This. Weekend.

So again, I may visit a friend. I may paint my bedroom. I may read a book (doubt it-but maybe a magazine). Or, I may do nothing. I may do nothing. I may do nothing...I like the sounds of that.

No comments: